Chemeketa's Kris Jackson and Linn-Benton's Logan Hatley combine on West Coast League No-hitter
Day two of the West Coast League season featured history in Bend, Oregon. At Vince Genna Stadium, right-hander Kris Jackson of Chemeketa CC and southpaw Logan Hatley of Linn-Benton CC combined on the Elks first WCL no-hitter in club history vs. long-time rvial Corvallis. Jackson tossed eight innings, walked two and struck out 6 while Hatley closed things out by striking out the side as Bend evened the series with a 6-0 win.
The combined no-no was the ninth no-hitter tossed in the West Coast League. The previous eight are detailed below:
* Clayton Mortensen (Gonzaga) and Quinn LeSage (Campbell) of the Wenatchee AppleSox combined on a no-hitter vs. Kelowna, the first no-no thrown in the WCL, on July 27, 2005 at Elks Stadium. Wenatchee won 11-2. Mortensen pitched 6.1 innings and gave up two earned runs (walked 4, struck out 5). LeSage pitched 2.2 innings.
* DJ Lidyard (Lower Columbia College) of the Wenatchee AppleSox tossed a no-hitter vs. Moses Lake at Larson Playfield on July 19, 2006. Wenatchee won 2-0.
* Nathan Pickett (Cal State LA) of the Kelowna Falcons threw a 5-inning no-hitter on August 8, 2008 at Elks Stadium vs. Moses Lake. Kelowna won 6-0 (game shortened due to rain).
* Tommy Elrod (Sacramento State) and Colton Farrar (Texas Tech) of the Kelowna Falcons combined to toss a no-hitter vs. Moses Lake at Larson Playfield on June 12, 2009. Kelowna won 1-0. Elrod pitched 7 innings (walked 5, struck out 6) and Farrar 2 innings.
* Richie Mascheri (Western Illinois) of the Kitsap BlueJackets threw an 8-inning no-hitter vs. Bend on June 18, 2011 at Kitsap County Fairgrounds. Kitsap won 3-0 (the game was shortened due to rain).
* Greg Mahle (UC Santa Barbara) of the Corvallis Knights tossed a no-hitter vs. Cowlitz at Goss Stadium on August 3, 2012. Corvallis won 14-0.
* Spenser Watkins (Western Oregon) of the Kitsap BlueJackets tossed a perfect game, the first and only WCL perfect game thrown in league history, vs. Victoria at Kitsap County Fairgrounds on July 26, 2013. Kitsap won 2-0.
* Kyle Molnar (incoming frosh, UCLA) of the Walla Walla Sweets twirled a no-hitter vs. Kitsap at Kitsap County Fairgrounds on Monday, July 27, 2015. Walla Walla won 2-0.
ABOUT THE WEST COAST LEAGUE