Job announcement: Assistant Men's Basketball Coach - Lane Community College
The Assistant Men's Basketball Coach reports to the Head Men's Basketball Coach. The basketball season begins mid-September and concludes at the end of March. Team recruitment continues throughout the year.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistant coaching esponsibilities will include both pre-season, in-season, post-season and out of season responsibilities.
- Assist with coaching, recruiting, training, supervising student-athletes, maintaining a working knowledge of the rules governing the sport to be coached, maintaining statistics, maintaining athletic equipment, facilities and supplies.
- Provide leadership in the personal, athletic and academic development of student-athletes.
- Assist the Head Coach with fund-raising activities.
- Ensure adherence to all Lane Community College, Health, Physical Education & Athletics Division, Northwest Athletic Conference, and other regulatory agencies rules, policies and procedures by the programs student-athletes, coaches and staff.
- Successfully develop and implement game strategy, position assignments and plan all practice/training sessions.
- Work cooperatively to ensure proper scheduling and care of facilities.
- Provide positive reinforcement and encouragement.
- Participate positively and contribute to a respectful and collaborative team environment.
- Support, advise, train and coach student athletes in a competitive collegiate program.
- Perform other duties assigned of similar nature and level if asked by Head Coach
Direct link to Lane application: https://jobs.lanecc.edu/postings/8934