Wenatchee Valley alum Justin Martin Sets CCC Scoring Record in 126-124 Win Over #17 Warner Pacific
Martin Sets Scoring Record in 126-124 Win Over #17 Warner Pacific
PORTLAND – Justin Martin delivered a grand finale worthy of the greatest offensive display ever put on in the Cascade Conference Tuesday night, a 71-point downpour that carried Multnomah to a 126-124 win over crosstown rival Warner Pacific.
Final: Warner Pacific 124, Multnomah 126
Records: WPC (8-3, 2-1 CCC), MU (8-3, 2-1 CCC)
Location: Portland, Ore. I Jim Skagen Court
- Martin got things going quickly against the 17th-ranked Knights, hitting nine of MU's 12 first-half three-pointers.
- Shooting just over 52 percent in the first half, the Lions built a 69-50 lead heading into the break.
- The Lions led by as much as 25 points before Warner Pacific mounted a comeback midway through the second half. The Knights used a 21-10 run to cut the lead back to single digits, 114-105, before tying the game 124-124 with just 27 second to go in the game.
- With the clock winding down, Martin drove from the top of the key, floating the ball just over a Warner defender for the game-winner.
- Martin's 71 points is the most by an NAIA Division II player, setting a new mark for both the Cascade Conference and Multnomah University. He finished with 15 three-pointers which is the second most all-time in the NAIA in a single game.
- Also contributing was Brett Blackstock with 22 points and Ben Grandle with 13 points and 12 rebounds.
- Stepan Zavydovskyy collected 11 boards and finished with six points.