Cross Country News
Job Announcement: Women's Cross Country Head Coach - Pierce CollegePosition Summary
Pierce College is accepting applications for the position of Head Coach for Women's Cross Country. This will be a new program to the current intercollegiate sports offered by Pierce College. This position reports to the Director of Athletics for the Pierce College District and works with campus departments, and athletic commissioners to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) in areas including, but not limited to; preparing student-athletes for competition, recruiting, letters of intent, eligibility, and contest scheduling and travel planning.
DIRECT ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO: Duncan Stevenson, Director of Athletics
AND SUBMIT ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
- Conduct the Women's Cross Country program in accordance with the established rules and regulations of Pierce College, the NWAC, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all eligibility rules and assist the athletic department staff with assuring that all student-athletes are aware of the rules, and that all appropriate information regarding eligibility is shared with the Director of Athletics.
- Recruit quality student-athletes in accordance with the rules and regulations of the college and the NWAC.
- Promote a positive environment for learning and development that supports the goals and objectives of the department's Academic Success Program, and assists student-athletes with achieving their academic goals.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Athletics for assistant coaches selections and establish individual responsibilities of her/his coaching staff.
- Assist with the development of a competitive contest schedule, and a comprehensive practice and conditioning plan.
- Assist athletic department management personnel with all preparations for event support, when hosting a home meet.
- Assist with the planning for all team travel in conjunction with athletic department staff, to include the safe transport of team members to all away contests.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Athletics regarding the offering of letters of intent and determining financial awards.
- Provide comprehensive instruction regarding individual skill development and race strategies specific to the sport of cross country.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of uniforms and equipment, following the college's purchasing procedures. Maintain inventory control for all team equipment.
- Assist with the development and implementation of an annual fundraising plan to support women's cross country and the athletic department.
- Ensure timely submission of all reports and event results.
- Attend all required department staff and planning meetings, and all associated Regional and NWAC coaches meetings.