Cross Country News
XC Athletes of the Week - Week 1
Male Athlete of the Week
Joe Berger (Green River, Freshman)
Event: 6K; Mark: 20:08 at CWU Invite - Apple Ridge Run, Yakima
- "Joe Berger, competing in his first collegiate cross country race, ran to a third place finish against a competitive field of 75. His time was a 20:08 over the 6000 meter course at Apple Ridge Run in Yakima (CWU Invite)."
- "Great run for Joe as he continues to improve from last track season. Finished very close to two good runners from UGF."
- "Joe placed 3rd covering the 6k course in 20:08 - great opener!"
Female Athlete of the Week
Briel Thoune (Clark, Freshman)
Event: 5K; Mark: 19:18 at Pier Park Invitational
- "Fast time for 1st meet."
- "First ever XC race - phenomenal performance. With this kind of opener she'll be right in the mix for the individual NWAACC title."
- "Great early season run!"