Job announcement: Head Coach Women's Soccer - Lane Community College
To provide a successful, high quality and competitive experience for the student-athletes as it relates to the goals of the department and college.
Develop a competitive intercollegiate Women’s Soccer team that reflects Lane’s Vision, Mission, and Values while demonstrating a strong work ethic, high levels of integrity, and honesty.
- Head coaching responsibilities for Women’s Soccer will include both pre-season, in-season, post-season and out of season responsibilities.
- Coaching responsibilities include recruiting, training, supervising student-athletes, maintaining a working knowledge of the rules governing the sport to be coached, scheduling contests, maintaining statistics, making transportation arrangements, preparing budgets, fund-raising, maintaining athletic equipment, facilities and supplies, travel, and, in collaboration with the Athletic Director, selecting and supervising assistant coaches.
- Provide leadership in the personal, athletic and academic development of student-athletes.
- Develop strategies to actively recruit and retain an eligible Women’s Soccer team roster consisting of between 20 and 25 student-athletes throughout each academic year as determined in consultation with the Athletic Director. Successfully manage the Women’s Soccer allocation of tuition waivers.
- Monitor the Women’s Soccer student-athletes academic progression and completion that culminates in degree or certificate completion and transfer.
- Assist in the placement and tracking of Women’s Soccer team student-athletes in transferring to four-year colleges/universities. Maintain comprehensive records of student-athletes’ future academic and athletic progress.
- Develop and seek fund-raising to support the success of the Women’s Soccer program.
- Ensure adherence to all Lane Community College, Athletics Department, Northwest Athletic Conference, and other regulatory agencies rules, policies and procedures by the Women’s Soccer programs student-athletes, coaches and staff.
- Successfully develop and implement game strategy, position assignments and plan all practice/training sessions.
- Work cooperatively with other sport Head Coaches and support staff to ensure proper scheduling, field usage and care of facilities.
- Problem solve and manage sensitive information with appropriate awareness of FERPA standards; maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to the privacy needs of students.