Job announcement: Head Women's Soccer Coach - Edmonds Community College
The Edmonds Community College women's soccer coach will be responsible for all aspects of the women's soccer program, including planning and directing recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student-athletes, along with fiscal management. This position reports to the athletic director. The duties of this position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of the NWAC and Edmonds Community College.
Must be able to work and interact effectively with other coaches, staff, student-athletes, the general student body, administrators and others of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. Questions regarding the position can be directed to athletic director Spencer Stark.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identify and recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes within the rules and regulations of Edmonds Community College and the NWAC;
- Coach/teach individual and team women's soccer strategies to players, and organize and plan day-to-day activities, including techniques;
- Assist students in achieving their educational goals, which includes organizing and implementing team study tables;
- Help maintain a competitive and successful program; direct assistant coaches; meet deadlines set forth by the NWAC; comply with NWAC and NCAA rules and regulations and support the NWAC and Edmonds CC philosophy and mission;
- Transport student-athletes to team events and to away contests; help with necessary arrangements for home contests;
- Develop fundraising strategies to help raise funds to support the program; organize community camps for the youth in the area;
- Responsible for developing practice and game schedules for fall and spring seasons;
- Represent the college in a positive fashion at all times; promote the program on campus and in the community;
- Inventory and maintenance of all sports equipment and uniforms; must follow proper purchasing procedures as required by the State of Washington and described by the college business office;
- Other duties as assigned; responsible for the women's soccer program as a whole.