Job announcement: Fastpitch Softball Head Coach - Douglas College
Douglas College invites fully qualified candidates to apply for this Softball Head Coach (Contract Part-time) position. The successful candidate will have the proven experience to develop a high performance softball program coupled with an understanding of a student-centered approach focusing on the development of the whole student. (High academic achievement, leadership development, community service and culture development.)
Softball Head Coach
The major responsibilities of this part-time NWAC coaching position are:
- Develop, and manage a sustainable Pay-to-Play financial model and business plan;
- Recruit, develop and mentor student-athletes with high athletic skills and great character;
- Develop perennial conference contenders;
- Create a community of loyal supporters and partners eager to contribute to developing a top-of-class team;
- Provide coaching leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the student-athletes, coaching staff and the overall program.
- Fully embrace the Royals culture
These responsibilities will be fulfilled through coordination, planning, implementation, and evaluation of strategies. There is an expectation that proper training techniques such as teaching motor and life skills through regular practice, reinforcement and feedback will be used by all coaching and athletic staff.