Track & Field News
Clackamas alumn Tiffany Richeson named Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week
Tiffany Richeson competed two seasons at Clackamas where she was the 2015 NWAC Pole Vault Champion and 3-time All-American.
ELMHURST, ILL. – Western Illinois' Malachi Adams and North Dakota State's Payton Otterdahl were named The Summit League Men's Indoor Track and Field Athletes of the Week, while Oral Roberts' Tiffany Richeson earned Women's Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award for their performances during the week of Feb. 14-20.
MALACHI ADAMS, WESTERN ILLINOIS
Fr. // Evanston, Ill.
- Earned his first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week award
- Won the 60-meter dash with a time of 6.76 seconds at the Orange & Blue Invitational in Champaign, Ill.
- His 60-meter time ranks first in The League this season, and broke a 15-year old school record
PAYTON OTTERDAHL, NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Jr. // Rosemount, Minn.
- Garnered his first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week honor
- Extended his own school-record with a first-place finish weight throw distance of 68' 9.75" (20.97m) at North Dakota Indoor Tune-Up in Grand Forks, N.D.
- Ranks 23rd in the nation and first in The Summit League in the weight throw this season
Also nominated: Zach Anderson, North Dakota State; Matt Owen, Oral Roberts; Alejandro Sanchez, South Dakota State
Sr. // Burlington, Wash.
- Received her first career Summit League Indoor Track and Field Athlete of the Week accolade
- Placed second in the pole vault with a personal-best height of 13' 5" (4.09m) at the Arkansas Qualifier in Fayetteville, Ark.
- Her pole vault mark ranks third in The Summit League and 41st in the nation this season