Track & Field News
NWAACC Track & Field Athletes of the Week #1
Men Week #1 (Starting 3/4/11)
Zach Young (Mt. Hood, Sophomore)
-- Event: 110m Hurdles; Mark: 16.14, Event: 400m Hurdles; Mark: 55.42, Event: 4x100m Relay; Mark: 42.55 at Linfield Icebreaker
- "Zach ran an explosive 1st leg of the winning 4x100m Relay, did okay in the 110HH then ran very well in the 400 Intermediate Hurdles."
- "1st CC finisher in 110 hurdles, crazy fast 400 hurdles to win the race, and part of fast winning 4x100 relay."
- "Zack won the 400m hurdles and posted a very nice mark in the 110's as well; a very nice opener for this young man."
Tyler Callahan (Mt. Hood, Freshman)
-- Event: Javelin; Mark: 64.82m (212'8") at Linfield Icebreaker
- "Tyler set a new PR and new MHCC School Record while also placing 1st in the event."
- "Incredible throw for this early in the season. Would likely win most year's conference meet."
Women Week #1 (Starting 3/4/11)
Whitney Swenson (Mt. Hood, Freshman)
-- Event: 100m Hurdles; Mark: 16.00, Event: 4x100m Relay; Mark: 50.17 at Linfield Icebreaker
- "Placed 2nd in the 100m hurdles and ran on Mt. Hood's winning 4x100m relay team."
- "Whitney ran a huge 2nd leg on the 1st place 4x100m Relay. She also won her heat of the 100m Hurdles."
- "2nd in 100 hurdles, member of winning 4x100 relay. Both are fast times early season."
Kristina Hossley (Southwestern Oregon, Freshman)
-- Event: High Jump; Mark: 1.52m at Linfield Erik Anderson Memorial Icebreaker
- "Placed 4th in the High Jump with a mark of 4'11.75""
- "Good first meet mark. She was the best performing CC women in the event."
- "Top one or two CC athlete in both events."