Job announcement: First Assistant Volleyball Coach - Whatcom Community College
The First Assistant Coach for Women’s Volleyball position provides leadership and direction for the Orca Women’s Volleyball team directly assisting the Head Coach of Women’s Volleyball. Reporting to the Head Coach of Women’s Volleyball and the Associate Director for Athletics, the successful candidate will teach volleyball skills at the collegiate level, hire qualified coaches to assist in the development of student athletes and assist the Head Coach in travel and game day procedures.
- Provide administration, leadership, and direction for the women’s intercollegiate volleyball program.
- Teach individual and team volleyball skills and strategies; build, develop, and evaluate teamwork; develop and enforce training rules.
- Monitor and support the academic performance, leadership, and progress of student athletes.
- Scout and recruit student athletes who are qualified both academically and athletically for intercollegiate competition.
- Establish, develop, and maintain positive relationships and effective communication with local area club volleyball and high school volleyball coaches and programs.
- Conduct intercollegiate programs in accordance with NWAC and college rules and regulations.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director for Athletics, assist the Head Coach to work cooperatively with Athletics Department and Student Life and Development student leaders and staff. Develop collaborative and collegial relationships with the other coaches, student leaders and staff in the department and through the campus community.
- Assist the Head Coach to implement and evaluate practice and game schedules.
- Assist the Head Coach to organize fundraising activities in order to enhance and develop athletic programs.
- Understand and comply with the policies and procedures of the Athletics Department as outlined in the Whatcom Community College Athletic Handbook.